MoverMoms' 4th Inernational Fun, Sun & Service Trip
El Salvador, Central America
MoverMoms will be taking its fourth international trip in August, to the beautiful Central American country of El Salvador. The trip will include a mix of immersion in a rural community in the northeastern corner of the country, with volunteering at a school named Amun Shea and learning about the Civil War that engulfed this region for 12 years. In addition, for those who stay for the extended trip, we will spend two nights at a Pacific Ocean resort called DeCameron in the southwestern part of the country, and volunteer at a women’s center called Cuidad Mujer that has been recently established by the country’s First Lady, Vanda Pignato. We may also have a meeting/visit to the US Embassy.
- To provide volunteer assistance at an elementary school and maternity center.
- To engage in an intercultural exchange with Salvadoran children and adults
- To spend time with Salvadorans in their daily lives and gain a better understanding of how/where they live
- To learn about the culture, people, history, and geography of El Salvador
- To make a positive difference together while having fun
Deadline for deposit of $700: March 31, 2013
Option 1 - Six Days:
Monday, August 5th thru Saturday, August 10th, 2013
Cost per person: $1,300
Option 2 - Eight Days:
Monday, August 5th thru Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 Cost per person: $1,800
If you would like more information contact Rebecca Kahlenberg
We hope you will consider joining us for our next trip!
Past Trips To El Salvador