Mission & Goals
To inspire and enable busy moms and families to actively participate in community service by organizing and facilitating a variety of short-term volunteer projects and educational programs that address some of the most urgent needs in our society. Our projects focus on poverty, hunger, the environment, health, emergency relief, and tolerance. By making it easy for families to participate in volunteer projects, we hope to make service a part of our daily routines, model good civic behavior for our children, have a direct impact in improving the lives of thousands in our community, and promote cross-cultural understanding. We believe that by bringing people together as a group, not only can we learn from and inspire one another, but we can have a much more profound impact.
We accomplish our goals by:
- Preparing and serving dinners at homeless shelters through our MoverMeals program;
- Delivering special treats to men and women in shelters on Mother’s Day and Father’s Day through our Muffins-4-Moms and Desserts-4-Dads program;
- Keeping our roads clean through our Adopt-a-Road program (Sangamore in Bethesda is our designated street);
- Initiating collection drives, particularly after local, national and international crises, such as the earthquake in Haiti, Virginia Tech tragedy, and floods in Pakistan;
- Initiating collection drives for local organizations that need specific items, including men’s jeans, coffee mugs, school supplies, and much more.
- Organizing a region-wide collection drive of unused Halloween candy, in our flagship "Treats for Troops" campaign, to send to troops overseas;
- Spreading the word and sharing information about a range of civic engagement/volunteer opportunities, as well as inspiring or educational community events, lectures, exhibits, and films.
- Educating ourselves about global issues and international cultures through our book club, museum exhibits, and other group outings;
- Helping out at charity athletic events that raise awareness of and funds for a range of diseases such as cancer, multiple sclerosis, brain tumor, leukemia, diabetes and others, and engaging in our own MoverHealth program;
- Beautifying shelters and other spaces where underprivileged spend time.